Pre-employment suiting program
…for interviewing purposes. We meet with the client, determine her needs for the interview. These items will include, a blouse, a pants or skirt suit, (or coordinates), shoes, jewelry, stockings (if necessary or desired) and an appropriate bag.
- We will spend a minimum of 3 to 5 hours with each client, sometimes multiple appointments, discussing employment goal, resume critique, additional referrals to other services if needed, and apparel needs.
- The client will be paired with a professional image consultant, (volunteer) who will then recommend, show, fit and give a complete appropriate interview outfit to the client. This will include slacks or skirt, blouse or sweater, blazer or jacket, shoes, jewelry and undergarments if needed.
- They will also receive a portfolio to take notes, carry their resume, grooming and interview tips along with my card for reference. Each client will also receive a “Power of You” cosmetic bag containing sample size personal items.
- If the client is in need of additional clothing, we will provide what is necessary on a case by case basis.
- Every client will receive a consultation with one of two hair salons in Medina for a cut and style, they can also receive additional services as determined necessary.
- We are available to the client after our meetings to answer additional questions or just to be a cheerleader for them if needed. Many of our clients feel comfortable reaching out to us just to be reassured they can do succeed.
- Follow-up to assess outcome of interview and if employment occurs.
Employment suiting program
Once a woman has secured employment, she can return to First Impression, with proof of employment and receive a weeks’ worth of clothing to supplement what she may already possess. There is no additional fee for this service.
Client Intake Assistance Application
First Impressions’ annual expense budget is approximately $15,000. With the current volunteer staff, we are capable of serving approximately 100 women a year, averaging expense of $150 per client to our organization, per client served. Fee amounts are based on contract agreement.
First Impression currently has a 75-80% success rate in clients achieving employment after being appropriately dressed for optimal “first impression” with potential employer.
Please reach out to us using our Contact Us form for more information.